File Copier™ is an easy-to-use Mac OS X file copy utility designed for e-discovery and digital forensic professionals. The copying tool comes with presets to copy files from common locations such as Address Book, Calendars, Keychain, system cache, Pictures, Movies, email messages, and Desktop folder. This allows the investigators to acquire important files without taking the time to run a full copy of the entire volume.
When File Copier performs the data copying, the files together with the folder structures are retained — an important element of a well-managed forensic investigation. In order to confirm the copied versions are identical to the originals, File Copier generates complement hash files for files it copied.
For specific file type, FileCopier can filter on file extensions for fast and efficient data copying. A ‘Filter’ panel allows the user to configure criteria for finding and copying files.
File Copier’s features give users an easy way to quickly copy files and folders:
- Supports all drive interfaces including USB 3 and Thunderbolt, allowing speed of up to 5GB per minute.
- Easy to use. Tasks can be completed with a few clicks.
- Retains folder structures of the original sources.
- Files copied are hashed to guarantee the copied versions are identical to the originals.
- OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or above
- Built for OS X Yosemite
- Intel based Macintosh
- Plenty of disk storage space
File Copier is currently a 32-bit app. It may not be compatible with future versions of macOS. Please download the software to make sure it launches properly on your machine before placing an order.