Create exact duplicates of your hard drive, Apple iPod, or Mac OS X startup drive. SubRosaSoft CopyCatX™ is an easy-to-use yet blazingly fast utility for duplicating volumes, cloning drives, or recovering intermittent/mechanically unsound drives. Using “sector copying”, CopyCatX simplifies the process of creating a perfect clone of a device and retains every detail of the original (including iPod*, PC, Linux, TiVo, and your Macintosh hard drive).
Not Compatible with macOS Catalina!
Download CopyCatX here
CopyCatX supports an intelligent algorithm that recovers mechanically unsound drives. Drives that other disk utilities have given up on can be recovered using CopyCatX’s proprietary recovery process.
Despite its advanced features and high-performance, CopyCatX is very straightforward to handle. The easy-to-use interface is designed with any level of OS X user in mind and is highly accessible to all with, at its core, the entire application being designed to be able to complete any task within just a few clicks.
|Duplicate a volume or device
The Duplicate function creates exact clones of an entire device or a specific volume. You can elect one or more destinations from the source list. Cloning will occur in parallel if you select more than one destination to save time in deployment.
|Recover faulty media
The recover function uses a proprietary algorithm to work around media fails in order to create a disk image of an entire device even when the disk is physically damaged.
The process is resumable – so it can be paused to let overheating drives cool down before finishing the process.
|Backup or Restore a volume
The backup function will create a compacted image file of your chosen volume. This files will contain all the blocks on your volume that are currently in use including your files, and all directory information. You can restore this file to your volume at any time to create an exact mirror of when it was last backed up.
|Copy files or folders
This mode copy files and folders. Using this mode is different to other ways of copying files because the algorithm is tolerant to media faults which allows you to copy files even if there are disk errors.
To begin this process, choose whether you would like to copy an entire folder, preset folders, or a single file. Then click on the start button to initiate the copying.
Written specifically for Mac OS X, CopyCatX includes powerful features that give the user greater control and flexibility in backup, restore, recovery and the duplication of data:
- Safety first – CopyCatX will never write to the device being duplicated. This makes the software “risk-free”. Instead it simply reads the device, block-by-block, using the fastest means possible to copy the data to any given destination.
- Backup and restore – CopyCatX can be used to backup or restore a device, to or from any readable. With just a few clicks a device can be backed up or restored, making the task of securing data an easy one.
- Multi-volume output – CopyCatX can output to up to 15 devices at a time. This is useful for lab deployment of a single system, allowing the user to make multiple copies of either a single device or volume.
- Duplicate Windows – CopyCatX has the ability to duplicate a single Windows volume, which can then be mounted and restored back at a later date. This is exceedingly useful for BootCamp users on Intel-based Macintosh systems.
- Faulty hardware – CopyCatX also has the ability to recover data from mechanically unsound devices or scratched media. The software uses proprietary methods to securely read the data, automatically skipping areas of the file system that are unreadable. As a result, by employing these methods, CopyCatX is able to recover data from sources that other software would be completely unable.
- Requires OS X 10.6 or later (supports OS X Yosemite)
- Intel based Macintosh CPU
- Second drive for data storage/cloning
CopyCatX is currently a 32-bit app. It may not be compatible with future versions of macOS. Please download the software to make sure it launches properly on your machine before placing an order.